What’s in this article?
Form TP-358.0.1-V: Disability supports deduction is used to calculate the amount of disability supports deduction you can claim on line 250 of your tax return.
Revenu Québec says…
If you have a disability, you can, under certain conditions, deduct the disability supports expenses you paid, provided the goods and services you acquired allowed you to carry out employment duties, actively carry on a business, do research for which you received a grant, or attend a designated educational institution or a secondary school.
If you want to claim the federal disability supports deduction, use form T929: Disability Supports Deduction to calculate the amount you can claim on your federal tax return.
Complete form TP-358.0.1-V if you are claiming the disability support deduction on line 250 of your Québec tax return. You can claim this deduction if:
- You paid disability supports expenses in the year;
- The goods and services under disability supports allowed you to carry out employment duties, exercise a profession, carry on a business, carry out research or similar work for which you received a grant, or attend a designated educational institution or a secondary school; and
- The expenses are not included in the calculation of the medical expenses amount on line 381 of your or another person’s tax return.
You can deduct certain expenses paid for without a prescription, such as sign-language interpretation or real-time captioning services and attendant-care services provided in Canada. Other expenses you may deduct must be obtained on a prescription or certification by a medical practitioner. These expenses include, devices or equipment you can use if you are visually impaired and voice recognition software or note-taking services if you are physically impaired. Click this link for more information for a list of deductible expenses.
Follow these steps in H&R Block’s tax software to file your 2015 taxes:
Important: Before you begin, ensure that you told us that you lived in QUÉBEC on December 31st of the 2015 tax year, in H&R Block’s tax software. To do this:
- Click the HOME tab.
- Click the ABOUT YOU icon, and click the Your residence link You will find yourself here:
Once you have confirmed your residence location, claim your disability supports deduction by following these steps:
- Click the PREPARE tab.
- Click the OTHER icon. You will find yourself here:
- Under the MEDICAL AND DISABILITY-RELATED CARE heading, click the checkbox labelled Disability supports deduction (TP-358.0.1-V).
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Continue.
When you arrive at the Disability supports deduction (TP-358.0.1-V) page, enter your information into the tax software.
- TP-358.0.1-V: Disability supports deduction (Revenu Québec website)
- Point 7. Disability Supports Deduction (Line 250) (Revenu Québec website)
- Line 215 – Disability supports deduction (CRA website)