What’s in this article?
The Nova Scotia Child Benefit (NSCB) is a non-taxable amount paid to low and modest income families with children under 18 years of age.
Note: The Nova Scotia Child Benefit is fully funded by the Nova Scotia government, and administered by the Canada Revenue Agency. If you are eligible for the credit, payments will be automatically combined and paid to you with your Canada Child Tax Benefit amount each month.
This tax credit will automatically be paid to you if you meet all of the following eligibility criteria:
- You are a resident of Nova Scotia
- You have children under the age of 18 years
- You file a tax return every year
- Your income is between $18,000 and $26,000
- You are already receiving the Canada Child Tax Benefit amount
- Province of Nova Scotia (Canada Revenue Agency website)