What’s in this article?
The Northwest Territories Child Benefit (NWTCB) is a non-taxable benefit that is paid monthly to qualifying families with children under 18 years of age.
Note: The program is fully funded by the Northwest Territories, and administered by the Canada Revenue Agency. If you are eligible for the credit, payments will be automatically combined and paid to you with your Canada Child Tax Benefit amount each month.
This tax credit will automatically be paid to you if you meet all of the following eligibility criteria:
- You are a resident of Northwest Territories
- You have children under the age of 18 years
- You file a tax return every year
- You are already receiving the Canada Child Tax Benefit amount
- Northwest Territories (Canada Revenue Agency website)