What’s in this Article?
The British Columbia Low Income Climate Action Tax Credit (BCLICATC) is a non-taxable payment available to low income individuals and families. Only one person can apply for the B.C. Low Income Climate Action Tax Credit per family.
This tax credit will automatically be paid to you if you meet all of the following eligibility criteria:
- You are a resident of British Columbia
- You are 19 years of age or older
- You have a spouse or common-law partner
- You are a parent who resides with your child
- You file a tax return every year
The BCLICATC is fully funded by the Province of British Columbia. If you are eligible for the credit, payments will be automatically included on your quarterly GST/HST cheques.
- BCLICATC (Canada Revenue Agency website)
- Low Income Climate Action Tax Credit (BC government website)
- Low Income Climate Action FAQs (BC government website)