What’s in this article?
The New Brunswick Working Income Supplement (NBWIS) is an additional benefit paid to qualifying families who earn income and have children under the age of 18.
Note: This benefit program is fully funded by the Province of New Brunswick, and administered through the Canada Child Tax Benefit. If you are eligible for this amount, payments will be automatically included with your Canada Child Tax Benefit amount each month.
This tax credit will automatically be paid to you if you meet all of the following eligibility criteria:
- You are a resident of New Brunswick
- You file a tax return every year
- You have children under 18 years of age
- Your combined family income is between $3,750 and $10,000
Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) says……
The NBWIS is an additional benefit of up to $20.83 per month for each family. It is phased in once family earned income is more than $3,750. The maximum benefit is reached when family earned income is $10,000.
- Province of New Brunswick – Child Tax Benefit (CRA website)