What’s in this article?
Important: As of January 1, 2016 the New Brunswick Tuition Rebate will be eliminated. This cannot be claimed in H&R Block’s online tax software.
The New Brunswick Tuition Rebate is a rebate of paid provincial income taxes, equal to 50% of the tuition amount you have paid since 2005. Your tuition amounts must have been paid to an eligible post-secondary institution. The rebate amounts are as follows:
- Maximum yearly rebate: $4,000
- Maximum lifetime rebate: $20,000
Note: You have until December 31st, 2015 for the 2014 taxation year, 2014 to apply for this credit. Applications will no longer be accepted after December 31st, 2015.
You are eligible to claim the New Brunswick Tuition Rebate if you:
- Graduated from an eligible post-secondary institution from anywhere in the world
- Paid tuition on, or after, January 1st 2005
- Are a resident of New Brunswick
- File a New Brunswick personal income tax return
- Have New Brunswick provincial income taxes payable
- Tuition rebate (New Brunswick government website)