Your Year in Review: I received benefits from the government

Select this checkbox, if you received:

  • Employment Insurance (EI) payments;
  • Maternity or parental benefits;
  • Universal Child Care Benefit (UCCB);
  • Working income tax benefit (WITB); or
  • Other government benefits (such as Worker’s Compensation or Social Assistance payments).

If you received payments under the federal EI program or maternity or parental benefits, the amounts you received are shown on the T4E: Statement of Employment Insurance and Other Benefits slip. If you are a resident of Québec and received benefits under the EI program, you will receive a T4E (Q) slip. Parental benefits under the Québec Parental Insurance Plan (QPIP) are reported on a Relevé 6: Québec parental insurance plan (RL-6) slip.

If you received the UCCB, the total amount paid to you is shown on the RC62: Universal Child Care Benefit slip.

For WITB advance payments received in the year, you will receive an RC210: Working Income Tax Benefit Advance Payments Statement.

For other government benefits you may have received in the year, you receive a federal T5007: Statement of Benefits. If you are a resident of Québec, other government benefits received are shown on a Relevé 5: Benefits and Indemnities (RL-5) slip.


Where can I learn more?