What’s in this article?
The Relevé 30 (RL-30) slip provides information related to the children who received subsidized childcare in the year. The information on the RL-30 slip helps parents calculate the amount of additional contribution for subsidized educational childcare they may have to pay when filing their tax return for the year.
The RL-30 slip consists of the following:
- Box A – Date of birth
- Box B – Number of days (after April 21, 2015) of childcare at the basic rate
- Box C – Social insurance number of parent
- Box D – Identification number of coordinating office
- Box E – Identification number of childcare provider
Revenu Québec says…
Effective April 22, 2015, subsidized childcare fees include a basic contribution of $7.30 per day, per child, and an additional contribution adjusted to your family income. Both the basic and additional contributions will be indexed every year starting on January 1, 2016. You will continue to pay the basic contribution to your childcare service provider. You will pay the additional contribution to Revenu Québec when you file your income tax return.
The amount of the additional subsidized childcare contribution will be calculated in Schedule I of the income tax return of every parent who signed, in 2014 or 2015, a subsidized childcare agreement for services received after April 21, 2015.
The amount of the additional contribution is based on the following:
- family income
- the number of children who received subsidized childcare (shown on the RL-30 slip)
- the number of days of care received by each child for whom you must pay the additional contribution (shown on the RL-30 slip)
If you were required to pay the basic contribution under a subsidized educational childcare agreement, you will receive an RL-30 slip from your childcare centre, subsidized daycare centre, or the coordinating office of your recognized home childcare provider.
Use the information on the slip to complete Schedule I and calculate the amount of additional contribution for subsidized educational childcare you may have to pay.
Follow these steps in H&R Block’s tax software to file your 2015 taxes:
Important: Before you begin, make sure you tell us you lived in Québec on December 31st of the 2015 tax year, in H&R Block’s tax software. To do this:
1. Click the HOME tab.
2. Click the ABOUT YOU icon, and click the Your residence link. You will find yourself here:
You must also make sure that you have told us about the dependants, for whom you will be claiming subsidized educational childcare expenses (Relevé 30). To do this:
1. Click the HOME tab.
2. Click the ABOUT YOUR DEPENDANTS icon. Enter all the required information about your dependants.
Note: If you want to enter more than one dependant, click the +Add Another Dependant button on your screen.
Once you have noted your residency in Québec and told us about your dependants, follow these steps to enter your Relevé 30 slip:
1. Click the name of your dependant on the left-hand navigation panel.
2. Click the checkbox for RL-30: Subsidized educational childcare.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Continue.
When you arrive at the page for the Relevé 30 slip, enter your information into the tax software.
- RL-30 slip: Subsidized educational childcare (Revenu Québec website)
- Additional Subsidized Childcare Contribution (Revenu Québec website)