What's in this article?
- Is this return being prepared under the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program?
- Are you filing a return with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) for the first time?
- Are you filing a return with Revenu Québec for the first time?
- I consent to have Revenu Québec provide me with the Notice of Assessment (NOA) for my 2015 return online only, through My Account service
- I consent to have Revenu Québec provide me with any notices related to the Solidarity Tax Credit online only, through the My Account Service
The Community Volunteer Income Tax Program is a collaboration between community organizations and the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). The community organizations arrange to have volunteers prepare income tax and benefit returns of eligible individuals, free of cost, after they have attended tax preparation clinics.
If you answer Yes to this question, you will be able to NETFILE your return as long as the CRA has your complete date of birth on record. If the CRA does not have your date of birth on file, you will not be able to NETFILE and must paper file your tax return.
If you are filing your return for the first time, you cannot use NetFile Québec to file your return online. However, you can still use a software authorized by Revenu Québec to file your return online provided the software so allows it. You can file your return through the My Account service (if you’re registered) by using the Online Filing of an Income Tax Return service. You can also use the Online filing of an Income Tax Return service through the All Services page on Revenu Québec’s website.
If you file your income tax return online, you can choose to have Revenu Québec send your Notice of Assessment to you online rather than through the mail, as long as you meet all of the requirements. If you consent to this service you will no longer receive a NOA in the mail.
By giving consent to Revenu Québec to provide notices related to the Solidarity Tax Credit through the My Account service, you can claim the credit, notify them of any change in your situation, view the status of your file or application, view certain notices, or give or revoke consent to receive the Solidarity Tax Credit notices electronically.