Enter the number of weeks you were separated

If you and your spouse or common-law partner were separated during the year and living apart on December 31 but reconciled during the first 60 days of the following year, both you and your partner are considered supporting persons. In this case, the person with the higher income can claim child care expenses incurred for an eligible child, based on the number of weeks of separation.