What’s in this article?
You can request to receive a refund on your Québec return even before your return is processed by Revenu Québec. If you receive an accelerated refund, the amount of your refund may change once your return is assessed by Revenu Québec.
If you request an accelerated refund, it may take longer for Revenu Québec to issue your notice of assessment. As well, if you have authorized Revenu Québec to share your information with other government departments or agencies, such as in the case of financial assistance for students or childcare, the transmission of information could take longer.
If you receive an accelerated refund and upon review Revenu Québec sends you a notice of assessment with a balance due, you may be required to pay interest on the amount you owe.
Note: Revenu Québec may refuse your request for an accelerated refund.
You can request an accelerated refund if you meet all of the following:
- You are claiming a refund of $3,000 or less (amount on line 474);
- You filed an income tax for the previous tax year;
- No change has been made to your name or social insurance number since you filed your previous tax year return;
- You do not have a debt owing to Revenu Québec or any government body;
- You do not have a debt owing under theAct to facilitate the payment of support;
- You did not declare a bankruptcy after 2014 or file a proposal in bankruptcy or a consumer proposal after 2014;
- You are not transferring a refund to your spouse; and
- You are filing your income tax return before the deadline for filing returns.