Your Year in Review: I worked for myself

Select this checkbox, if:

  • You earned income from sales or self-employed commissions;
  • You earned income from fees or other amounts for goods or services; and
  • You own a business as a sole proprietor or are a member of a partnership.

Note: You may receive a T4A: Statement of Pension, Retirement, Annuity, and Other Income slip for amounts such as self-employed commissions or fees received for services you provided. If you are a member of a partnership, you may receive a T5013: Statement of Partnership Income or a Relevé 15: Amounts Allocated to the Members of a Partnership (RL-15), if you are a resident of Québec.

You can use amounts from your information slips and/or your business financial statements to complete your income tax return.


Where can I learn more?

Self-employment income (H&R Block Help Centre article)