Select this checkbox, if:
- You earned employment income such as salary, wages, tips, bonus, vacation pay, employment commissions, taxable benefits or allowances, and other employment remuneration that was reported on a T4 or Relevé 1 (RL-1) slip;
- You received tips, gratuities, or occasional earnings that were not reported on a T4 or RL-1 slip; and
- You incurred expenses to earn employment income such as tools, home office, travelling expenses, etc.
Note: You must report all income earned through employment even if you did not receive an information slip. Your employer may not issue a T4 or RL-1 slip for income such as tips, gratuities, or casual earnings. However, it is your responsibility to track these earnings and report them on your income tax return.
Where can I learn more?
- T4: Statement of Remuneration Paid (H&R Block Help Centre article)
- Relevé 1 : Employment and Other Income(H&R Block Help Centre article)
- Salaried Employees (CRA website)