What’s in this article?
The Age Tax Credit is a non-refundable tax credit which reduces the amount of provincial tax payable for low-income seniors. You can claim this credit, worth $1,000, if you meet all of the requirements listed below.
You can claim this credit if:
- You were a resident of Nova Scotia as of December 31st;
- You were 65 years or older as of December 31st; and
- Your taxable income for the year was less than $24,000
If you are eligible, H&R Block’s tax software will automatically claim the credit on your tax return.
- Personal income tax and credits (Government of Nova Scotia website)
- Nova Scotia Budget (Tax tips website)
- Nova Scotia (Canada Revenue Agency website)