If you were paid for or received public transit passes from your employer, it is a taxable benefit and the amount for the public transit passes is shown on Box 84 of your T4: Statement of Remuneration Paid slip. The amount in Box 84 includes the total of the amount you received from your employer for the public transit passes and any amount you paid to buy the passes through payroll deductions.
If your T4 slip has an amount in Box 84, do not claim this amount on the Public transit passes page under the OTHER tab in H&R Block’s software. Instead, follow these steps to enter the amount in Box 84 of your T4 slip in the software:
1. Click the PREPARE tab.
2. Click the YOUR YEAR IN REVIEW icon. You will find yourself here:
3. Select the checkbox I was employed.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Continue. You will find yourself here:
5. Under the EMPLOYMENT section, select the checkbox related to the T4.
6. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Continue.
When you arrive at the page for the T4, enter your information in the software. At the bottom of the form select 84 in the list under Box and enter the amount in the Amount field.