You will see the following error message in H&R Block’s 2015 tax software if you entered a start date that occurs after the end date:
The start date can't be after the end date. Please correct the date you entered. [error code: 166]
To correct the error, enter a start date that occurs before the end date.
Note: Depending on your situation, you may have to enter a start date and an end date in the following fields and forms:
- Start of business year and End of business year on form T2125: Statement of business or professional activities;
- Period from and Period to on form T2042: Statement of farming activities;
- Period from and Period to on form T2021: Statement of fishing activities;
- Fiscal period start and Fiscal period end on form T5013: Statement of partnership income; and
- Start of the period and End of the period on form T776: Statement of real estate rentals.