What's in this article?
The Scientific Research and Experimental Development Tax Credit is a refundable tax credit designed to encourage Canadian businesses to conduct research and development (R&D) activities within Québec. If you are looking to claim a tax credit for salaries and wages (R&D), you must complete form
You can claim this credit provided you are a resident of Québec and you (or a partnership of which you were a member) have met the following conditions:
- You or the partnership operated a business in Canada; and
- You or the partnership carried out scientific research and experimental development or had these activities carried out on your behalf
Follow these steps in H&R Block’s tax software to file your 2015 taxes:
Important: Before you begin, ensure that you told us that you lived in QUÉBEC on December 31st of the 2015 tax year, in H&R Block’s tax software. To do this:
- Click the HOME tab.
- Click the ABOUT YOU Yicon. ou will find yourself here:
Once you have confirmed your residence location, claim your Scientific Research and Experimental Development Tax Credit by following these steps:
- Click the PREPARE tab.
- Click the OTHER icon. You will find yourself here:
- Under the OTHER DEDUCTIONS heading, click the checkbox labelled Other Québec tax credits.
- Click Continue.
When you arrive at the Other Québec tax credits page, enter your information into the tax software.
- Tax Credit for Scientific Research and Experimental Development (Revenu Québec website)
- Tax Credit for Salaries and Wages (R&D) (Revenu Québec website)