Preparing individual and spousal tax returns

According to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), both you and your spouse or common-law partner must file tax returns. You have the option, however, to have our Tax Experts prepare your returns separately or together (as a coupled return). 

Why should I prepare my tax return with my spouse?
Preparing your return with your spouse typically maximizes your tax savings and minimizes the amount of taxes you might owe.

What if I prefer to have my return prepared separately?
Even if you have your return prepared separately, you’ll still need to provide us with information from your spouse’s return for your return, and vice versa.

Do I ever NEED to prepare separate returns?
Yes – if you and your spouse live in different provinces, or if your spouse doesn’t live in Canada, our Tax Experts would need to complete separate returns.