Why do you need my spouse's information if I'm filing separately?

Certain tax credits and benefits are calculated based on total household income, so even if you are filing separately from your spouse or common-law partner, you’ll still need to provide some basic information about them like their name, their SIN, and their date of birth.

What if I am no longer married or in a common-law relationship?

Even if your marital status changed from married or common law to Divorced, Widowed, or Separated within the year, we will still need that basic information to complete your tax return. 

Need more help? You can message your Tax Expert at any time from the Messages section of your dashboard. VA_V1_Dashbrd_Messages_EN.jpg