Did this dependant have any income?

In order to claim certain federal and provincial/territorial tax credits, our Tax Experts need to know if your dependant earned an income in the tax year you are filing for.

Which credits require this information?

Examples of common federal and provincial/territorial credits that use this information include:

  • GST/HST credit
  • Working income tax benefit (WITB)
  • Spousal/common-law partner amount
  • Age amount if 65 years or older
  • Canada caregiver tax credit
  • Disability transfer amount
  • Amount for eligible dependant
  • Tuition transfers
  • Amount for children born in 1999 or later
  • Non-resident dependant tax credit and
  • Medical expenses
Need more help? You can message your Tax Expert at any time from the Messages section of your dashboard. VA_V1_Dashbrd_Messages_EN.jpg